Monday, October 8, 2012

HENRY MOORE


After a weekend of the robot cutting 24 hrs,  I came in this morning and was seriously stunned by the sheer presence of the sculpture that emerged during the weekend. It immediately reminded me of one of Henry Moore’s reclining figures, which was totally unintentional, but I looked it up and there is an obscure resemblance with his 1951 work in plaster (which I have admired in the 2010 exhibition at Tate Britain)

Although I am seriously behind schedule, I am equally thrilled about this sculpture; it shapes up to be something quite special indeed.






 
On other news, the plinth has arrived, earlier than expected, and the Bardiglio marble I have chosen is an absolute beauty, the white circle on top of the base I roughed up, it marks the small area the sculpture will balance on.

Tomorrow (Tuesday 9th of October) I will finally be able to take the sculpture of the cutting table, and my work will begin in earnest.